Ha, remember when I said that I was probably going to blog everyday? And that I was quickly approaching multiple-post-a-day-scorosis?
My ambition is much, much, much greater than my work ethic.
Quick update about my life:
- Got accepted into the school of my choice! /o/
- Slightly freaking out about monies for school + my Europe trip but I’m just… ignoring that right now until the applications for financial aid opens up mid-May.
- Saw at least three people I went to high school with while waiting for my OSAP number today. Weird. As we’re all Torontonians we pretended not to notice each other.
- Might have saw a girl I was friends with in high school named Ruth on the street today. We were walking past each other and then we smiled at each other and I just smiled at her because I assumed she was a Starbucks customer but she does look a lot like Ruth who literally disappeared after grade 11. Oh well.
- Work still sucks. Frappy hour is upon me. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Sadly, my idea for the summer campaign to be called, “Frap yourself!” was rejected. Now it’s called, “Say Yes to Whip!” More like “Say yes to gastric bypass surgery” amirite?
So… also been slacking on the blogging challenges and I looked at all the ones I missed and I haven’t missed much for *my* blog, in my opinion. I literally just moved my whole blog over to WordPress like a month ago, so I still love my theme, my widgets are set, my about page is filled with info I want to share and it’s a go. I think the only thing I haven’t done is follow five new blogs… Which I’ll do in my own time. I kind of just read a blog for awhile and if I like it I’ll follow it if I’m up in the air about it I’ll wait awhile. I’ll get around to it, but if you can recommend me fab blogs that’d be a huge help.
So I’ve been awarded the Liebster Award by Sass!
Ha, my initial questions were when do they announce the winner of the Liebster Award but after Googling it turns out we are ALL winners so yay us!
My question is this though: Is it too pretentious for me to add “Liebster Award winning blog, plathway,” to the beginning of all my posts? 😛
So, here are the terms and conditions:
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
Provide 11 facts about yourself
Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you
Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!
11 facts about me:
- The nicest compliment you can give me is telling me that I’m funny/witty.
- My voice fluctuates from 4 year old to Morgan Freeman.
- I make a lot of random sound effects throughout the day. Like, “mrawwww” “mehhh” “errrrr” “mraowwwww”
- I sometimes read terrible novels on purpose and I literally writhe in agony as I send caps locked texts ridiculing the story. I don’t know why I do it.
- I cannot watch scary movies. If I’m forced to, or if it’s a special circumstance like Chloe Grace Moretz in Carrie or The Man Who Laughs I hide behind a scarf.
- I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love food. I think about eating every minute of every hour of every day. I have so many recipes I’ve book marked to try and even more restaurants to visit.
- I’m 25 and still don’t know how to drive.
- I cut up a lot of pictures out of news papers and magazines along with parts of articles I find to be particularly beautiful and paste them in my journal
- I use to be really, really, really, really into k-pop
- I love candid pictures even if they look terrible
- I am terrible at keeping in touch with my friends and I’m constantly working on it.
If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
A lioness cause they run the pride. The lion is just the face of it.
What advice would you give to the younger you?
Stop caring about what people think. Eventually you’re just going to keep compartmentalizing yourself for their comfort and when you try to break out of that later on everyone is just going to think you’re a bitch.
What is your favourite childhood memory?
Probably spending time with my cousins. We aren’t as close anymore but every weekend there was a family get together and it was just so much fun.
Do you have any annoying habits?
Sometimes I talk too fast and no one can understand what I say. I get irritated easily if I don’t get enough sleep. I’m terrible at keeping in touch with people. That text you sent me? You’ll get a reply two days later.
If you could go for dinner with a famous person, who would you chose?
Daniel Henney. I’ve been in love with this man since I was 16 years old. We would go out to dinner and we would fall in love and get married. Yup.
What one thing could you not live without?
I would say my friends but people are not things! Probably my Kobo Aura.. as I can’t choose just one book I might as well choose my e-reader that has thousands of them 😀
Who/what inspires you?
Um… hmm… my friends really inspire me. We’re all so different from each other and heading on different paths that I’m able to hear about different experiences and the way they conduct themselves or live their lives inspires mine a lot.
Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
I’ll be 35 omg. I … don’t want to think about it lol. Hopefully I’ll have a career and I’ll have traveled to a lot more places. And possibly be skinnier.
What is your number one life goal?
To care less about what people think.
What is your biggest achievement?
Probably everything this year? Ha, I got into the school I wanted into the program of my choice… I’m going travelling and I don’t loathe how I look anymore. Which were all things I had hoped to achieve one day and now I have so yay \o/
God I hope I didn’t peak too soon.
Any pet hates?
I currently don’t have any pets but it’d probably be cleaning up after them. Ick
foodscrabble – because Joyce. And because gorgeous photos and delicious recipes.
Frugality Fridge – because it’s a clever concept and I will probably be using these recipes from time to time.
Carless Blogger – because gorgeous photos and cute outfits
Wild Pics for You – because she’s really putting in a lot of work for the Zero to Hero challenge and that is great
Jenni – because Jenni. I’d link her blog but it’s a personal blog and if she wanted you to know it she’d give you the link herself. But honestly, a+ writer.
- What’s a book that you can read over and over again?
- You get $2000 mysteriously, what’s the first thing you’d do?
- What’s a skill you’re really proud of but is not necessarily considered a “skill”? e.g. Knowing every line Legolas ever uttered in LOTR
- What are your favourite tv shows?
- What’s the stupidest thing you’ve done this week?
- What’s your favourite word? (In any language) and Why?
- What’s something you really, really, really like about yourself?
- What’s one thing you would do if you knew there would be no negative consequences of doing it (as in you won’t get hurt/it won’t be embarrassing or you won’t face punishment for what you’ve done if you’re going a darker, more twisted route)?
- 5. If you could live in one of your favorite fictional worlds (book, video game, film, TV show, etc.), which one would it be and why? Assume that if you’re in something that doesn’t resemble our world, you can be part of whatever the characters of that world are in (i.e. wizard/witch for Harry Potter/the Wizarding World, superhero for comics, etc.)
- What’s the kindest thing a stranger has ever done/said for/to you?
- You’re given 20 minutes as the president/prime minister/highest commanding office governmental power etc what would you do?
I’m nosy as hell… so let me know your answers and if you want to answer my questions please feel free.